Shoe Carnival provided me with product and compensation. The opinions I have shared about the products are my own.
Time flies when you’re having fun with kids. While I am slightly upset and can’t believe both my boys will be in MDO this year a big part of me is excited. Don’t get me wrong, as much as I love them, I also love peace and quiet. Colin has started this new thing where he says my “mama” over, and over, and over again. He will say “hey mama look at diss” and he just smiles. As much as I will miss the snuggles and silly play time, I am excited for them to be with kids their age. I’m excited to see them learn and develop skills that you can only learn in a classroom.
But you wanna know what I’m realllllly excited about?
- The peace and quiet (I know I already mentioned this). Goodness gracious I will enjoy this more then anything! I will actually be able to finish my thoughts. I haven’t done that in a while.
- Going shopping…alone. I have gotten really good at knowing what fits and what doesn’t fit just by looking at it. I have also gotten really good at trying on clothes, mind you that are still hung on the hanger. Yup, I am totally that mama. Shopping with two kids is a nightmare.
- I will REALLY enjoy not having to repeat myself. There is just something about not having to say “no”, or “stop” and not sounding like a broken record that gives me joy. Haha!
- Speaking of doing things alone, I will really enjoy going to the bathroom alone, and actually being able to enjoy my showers. Something else I have become a master at is taking a shower in under a minute… if that’s not impressive then I don’t know what is.
- Eating a hot meal. Actually eating at all! Many times I end up eating what’s leftover from the boys or you guessed it, cold spaghetti.
All in all as excited as I am that the boys and I will get a breather, I am really just excited to see them become independent little men. Colin loved going to school last Winter and I know Jadyn will also.
It’s also been super cool to see Jadyn and Colin take after my love of shoes. We have started shopping for Back to School and to see how excited Jadyn and Colin get over their new kicks makes me so happy! If I could only record their reaction and how they show off their new Nikes to everyone is so stinking adorable! We loved stopping at Shoe Carnival for our Back to School shoes + I even got myself these adorable black ankle boots (which are so comfy by the way). We are actually heading back to buy Jordan some matching kicks because he wants to match the boys. Don’t forget to check out Shoe Carnival for your Back to School shopping where you can get more for less!
Affiliate links: Jadyn’s Nike Air Max Invigor | Colin’s Nike Air Max Invigor | Madden Girl Boleroo Ankle Boots
Photography By Ailee Petrovic