The boys are finally old enough to sit still for a 2.5 hour movie! Sometimes we get lucky and they may actually sit through the entire movie we keep the snacks coming. With Christmas just around the corner the boys LOVE bringing their bean bags down from the movie room upstairs and plopping in front of the Christmas tree to watch a movie. My little wiggle worms never sit still for an entire movie, but I’ve learned how it’s still important to make memories even if it only lasts for 10 minutes!
This Holiday we have a bucket list (it’s really the advent calendar) and I wanted to share a few ideas for you to share with your family this holiday season!
1. Build a gingerbread house together and get messy, and go ahead and let that be dinner! You’ll be the bestest mom in the whole world!
2. Drive around different neighborhoods in your area and go see Christmas lights! Don’t forget your hot cocoa, cookies, and your blanket (you’ll want to have the windows rolled down so bring a blanket for the chilly air).
3. Call a loved one who lives far away and sing them a Christmas song.
4. Have a campout in front of the Christmas tree.
5. Make paper snowflakes!
6. Pick a kid in your neighborhood and buy them a gift! (this year we are choosing two, both Jadyn and Colin will give a gift)
7. Bake cookies for your next door neighbor.
8. Write a letter to your family all about the special memories from this past year. Pack it away with your decorations and read it next December as a family!
9. Make your very own ornaments, make hand prints (or foot prints) ornaments, last year we made a reindeer, and santa out of felt paper!
10. Let the kids wrap the presents (not their own!) and remember- it’s okay if it doesn’t come out perfect. It’s having fun together that counts!
I hope these gave you some new ideas and I hope this season you enjoy your family and create memories that will last for generations to come!
What are some traditions you have with your family? Make sure to share and leave them below!
Jordans Slippers / My slippers / Boys socks
Don’t forget to visit Famous Footwear to upload your #ohsofamous shoe pics on Twitter or Instagram for the chance to be featured in thier gallery and to find countless inspiration on what others are wearing!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.