This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using the links in this post.
I wanted to share a few tips today on how to buy regular clothes during pregnancy. Now you may not be able to get away with staying away from maternity clothes altogether, but I think you can get away from nothing but maternity wear.
Cute and trendy maternity clothes can be pricey, and the sad part is after nine months you can’t actually wear any of it.
For maternity wear, I would suggest splurging on your basics and denim if you can. Other than your basic pieces, you can get away with a lot of regular clothes during pregnancy.
How do we achieve this?
- Size up. Seems pretty logical right? Well, it’s true. You may even need to size up more than just one size, which will also allow you to wear the item even longer.
- Go for A-line dresses or tops. Flowy tops and dresses with an A-line will flow over the belly beautifully, and allow you even to wear your non-maternity jeans longer.
- When It comes to shorts or bottoms, go for the ones with elastic (like these Madewell ones I am wearing). Because of the elastic, I can wear my shorts below the belly, and it’s comfortable!
- Opt in for long tunics! They can be perfect for wearing with skinny jeans, or even leggings.
- More Dresses – Dresses are great during pregnancy and can always be worn different ways to change your look. You can buy t-shirt dresses, drop-waist dresses, maxi dresses, or dresses that come with a belt that can be tied to accentuate the bump.
My biggest tip of all when it comes to buying regular clothes during pregnancy is to… try things on! Ordering online may be a bit tricky, but when shopping in store- take advantage and try things on, you’ll be surprised on what may or may not look good!
photos by Julia Gozman
Thank you so much for stopping by, have a great rest of your day!