Summer is juuuuuust around the corner, or if you live in Texas, it’s already here!
Summer is my favorite season. It may be because us Brazilians know how to do beach but, I love going to the beach (not galveston, TX. I don’t consider that a beach) or being pool side. If I had my way I would live in a bikini once summer comes around. With the summer comes dried locks, sun kissed skin, lots of sticky sweat, and of course great memories.
I’m so excited to be partnering up with Dove to try their Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant and to bring you my 5 Summer essentials!
1. First things first is sunscreen. I will admit I am horrible at this, and I naturally tan but as I get older and older and after many sun spots all over my body I am now layering up with sunscreen. I like to go with the spray sunscreens because it’s faster and it’s non sticky.
2. Wether you are out in the sun by the pool or out all day in the beach, all the heat and chemicals from a pool can damage your locks. I love Dove’s coconut shampoo. I mean the smell is amazing, but it’s also infused nutritive serum, that locks in moisture without weighing your hair down.
3. I don’t know about you, but there is nothing more uncomfortable then having stinky underarms (did I really just go there?! Yes I did!) I got to try the Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant in coconut (I’m in love with the coco) Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant offers 48-hours of odorless and wetness protection (perfect for the pool side or if your a beach bum like me.) Plus its got skin care benefits with NutriumMoisture formula leaves your underarms feeling soft and smooth! It’s also available in 15 different fragrances so you have plenty of options and a great upgrade to your daily beauty routine!
4. Waterproof makeup. Bring on the sweat or the water. Make sure you get waterproof everything- mascara, foundation, eyeliner you name it. Not only will you not need to worry about raccoon eyes but, you can carry on your long days and nights looking #flawless.
5. A swimsuit that can last you all summer long. Now, you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars for a good suit. BUT, do make sure you are looking at the quality as well the fabric. You will get what you pay for! I have invested in a few swimsuits that are 3 years old and with proper care, they still look brand new.
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you are having a great week! What are some of your summer essentials? Share them below!
A special thank you to Dove for partnering with me to bring you this post, as always my thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting those who make Uptown with Elly Brown possible!