Where do I even start with our 10 year anniversary vacation? I will start off by saying there is not one single complaint about our trip. I don’t want to come off as braggy, but our 10 year anniversary vacation was all the #vacationgoals.
I know a lot of you want details, so I will try to share as much as I can and not leave anything out. Let’s unwind our trip.
We ended up going to The Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay. This specific location was perfect because it was less than a 15-minute drive from the airport. The Sandals Resorts do have other resorts in Jamaica like in Negril, but that drive is about an hour and a half from the airport.
Something to note: Negril is apparently the top beach in Jamaica to be in with over 7 miles of beach. Montego Bay does not have as much beach as Negril does, but it’s a lot more quiet, secluded and peaceful.
I saw and got the chance to speak to a few older couples that have been going to The Sandals Royal Caribbean for over 20 years and visit 2x a year. According to them the best time to go is March-April and October-September. I’m currently trying to figure out how JB and I can go 2x a year now (hint, hint JB) 😉.
When you stay at any Sandals Resort, they have shuttle buses that allow you to visit their other resorts but, that wasn’t something we did. It is something we will do next time we visit. The Sandals Royal Caribbean was way too good to leave.
Everything about The Sandals Royal Caribbean was amazing. The food at every single location was terrific. At Sandals Royal Caribbean you have 8 restaurants and 5 bars. Out of these restaurants, 5 of them are open for dinner. I think at the very top of our list was the Jerk Shack, we ate lunch there 3 days in a row. Their Jerk chicken was AMAZING.
The Sandals Resorts are all-inclusive which means all the drinks and wine are unlimited. Our rooms also had a fully stocked bar 24/7.
The staff was out of this world. Every single person there at The Sandals Royal Caribbean was amazing! Everyone was energetic, happy, and made you feel right at home. You can tell that they loved their jobs and doing what they did. I have never experienced such excellent service.
At The Sandals Royal Caribbean there are three levels (Luxury, Club, and Butler) of service, and this will all depend on if you get a butler with your room. I HIGHLY recommend upgrading and getting a butler. They do anything and everything for you! Butlers can book your dinner reservations, reserve your beach chairs, turn down your room at night, and even unpack and pack for you.
Our butlers were absolutely fantastic, and I will say they really made the trips for us. Their service and hospitality were out of this world. Rayo and Duwane were with us in the Butler suit. Charles and Alex were with us at the bungalows. It’s almost like we all became friends by the time we left; we will for sure be asking for them when we go back.
One thing that stuck out to me was the resort tries to make it as easy as possible for you. For example, they have a leave your cash at home type policy. The only people we tipped were our butlers and the ladies who gave us our massage (or at least that’s only people we tipped). You’ll see a lot of the staff wearing badges saying “no tips.”
We split our stay, half of our trip was in a suit, and the other half was at the bungalows. I HIGHLY, and I mean HIGHLY recommend staying in the bungalows. We got the best of both worlds and got to experience a little bit of both which was nice.
If you can’t stay at the bungalows during your entire stay, I would suggest waiting to stay there at the end of your trip, because if you start off at the bungalows, you will not want to leave. Trust me. But, AT LEAST stay two nights in the bungalow. The room and the view is something you have to experience at least once in your lifetime.
^^ this was at the Dunns River Falls, which was a lot of fun, but not something we would do again. The water was COLD, and it took us an hour and a half drive to get there. It took us over two hours on the way back because we got stuck in traffic. Again, it was a lot of fun, and it was fun crossing that off our bucket list, but not something I would spend all that time driving again to do.
Lastly, here are a few things I would suggest doing during your stay at The Sandals Royal Caribbean:
- Watch the sunrise in the mornings, every morning the sunrise is different, and every morning it is breathtaking. It never got old seeing the sunrise or the sunset.
- Get a couples massage at the beach. The sound of the waves crashing, and the breeze was a dream!
- Go snorkeling. JB loved doing this; they have the perfect little spot on the private Island where you can see SO many exotic fishes!
- If you stay at the over the water bungalows have dinner out on the patio for sunset, it was beautiful seeing the sunset on the open ocean.
- Try the Bob Marley shots, and drinks… they were SO good!
- Have some fried plantain
- Have dinner at the beach! They have two-time slots for those every night, 6 PM and 8 PM. We ended up doing the 8 PM because it was the same day we did the Waterfall. I would recommend making the dinner at 6 PM because the sun sets around 6:30 PM so you would get the full effect of a sunset dinner, vs. it being dark and seeing the stars (I guess it depends if you want candlelight or sunset dinner).
- Try the guava juice that’s in your room! I can’t remember the name of it, but it was the BEST juice ever. I’m currently on the hunt to find it here in the U.S., haha!
- Go to the private Island for a day; It’s completely secluded and quiet (FYI there is also a “clothing optional” side tucked in the private island).
- Enjoy the night entertainment. Elmo and his team are incredible and know how to have fun. P.S. if you are there on a Thursday, they have an all-white theme beach party. It was so much fun, and I got to drink rum and coconut water out of a coconut!
- Try a sugar cane! It brought back so many memories of Brasil for me.
Well, I think I hit all the points, and I don’t believe I forgot anything. Thank you guys so much for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed details on our 10 year anniversary vacation, and if you have any more questions don’t hesitate to reach out!
Thank you so much for stopping by, hope you have a great day!