Summertime always means sleeping in, being lazy, and not adhering to much of a schedule. When it comes time for back to school, it’s such a struggle getting back into the swing of things. I feel like it takes everyone weeks to get into the rhythm of things.
The boys will be back in school just a little over a week, and we are gearing up and getting ready for back to school! Last year was a struggle for us. This year I am learning from my mistakes, and I want to make the transition a bit easier, on everyone! When it comes to Back to School shopping, Stage is one of our favorite spots. They make it easy to find just what I need and at the perfect price. Today I am teaming up with Stage to share 5 tips to help you get ready for back to school.
Now, I know I can’t be the only one who struggles when it comes to getting into a routine with kids. It dawned on me during the summer, why wait last minute to get into a routine, why not start creating a routine BEFORE? See my pregnancy brain hasn’t completely taken over, lol?!
They say it takes 21 days to kick a bad habit, so we started creating a routine (a back to school routine) August 1st. The boys start school on the 19th- close enough to 21 days!
Here is what we are doing to get ready for back to school;
- Bedtime starts at 7 PM. Google alarm goes off at 7 PM- and that means it’s bedtime. We brush our teeth, drink water, go to the bathroom, and read stories. Lights are out at 7:30 PM.
- Mama also goes to bed early. This is a huge one, I think as moms we tend to stay up late to get that quiet time and to be alone… and I get it, trust me I do! But, I think this does more damage than good. Take care of yourself mama! Most of the times if we are well-rested and well internally, we can deal better with the things going on externally!
- Our morning alarm goes off at 6:30 AM! This one is painful for me (I’m not a morning person) but, I would rather adjust now than during the hustle and bustle of back to school.
- We are taking our vitamins, elderberry, upping our vitamin C intake, and drinking tons of water to help avoid the back to school germs! Last year Jadyn missed like six days of school in the first two months because he kept getting sick over and over again. This time around Audrey will be here in November and mama ain’t playing around.
- Lastly, get all the shopping for BTS done NOW. Don’t procrastinate. We are all done shopping for back to school, that includes clothes, supplies- EVERYTHING. What a relief it is to know that all the shopping is also done, and nothing else is needed!
One of our favorite places to shop for back to school is Stage! Stage is an excellent place for all your back to school fashion, shoes, and accessory needs. They have some of the coolest back to school backpacks for kids, and the shoe selection as well is top-notch! To top it off, the prices are spot on!
Now through August 31st Stage will be hosting activations and give back initiatives to raise money for No Kid Hungry®. Did you know that 13 million kids in the US struggle with hunger and over half of public school students in the US are from low-income families? With 1 in 6 kids in the US struggling with hunger, and millions of kids relying on school for regular meals. Stage is partnering with No Kid Hungry® to help make sure no kid goes hungry!
How do you get involved? By shopping online or in-store! 50% of the retails sales price from No Kid Hungry® Back to School items at Stage.com (or in-store) will be donated to No Kid Hungry®.
You can also support on social media by posting using the #FuelKidsFutures and Stage will donate $1.00 to No Kid Hungry® (up to 25,000). If you want to find more out details, head over to Stage.com/nokidhungry.
Have any tips to help you get ready for Back to School? Share them below! Thank you so much for stopping by, have a great day!
SEE SIMILAR POSTS HERE:
Sounds like you have a great plan, Elly! 🙂
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog