Being a woman is a tough job. Being a mom is even harder, add more than one child into the mix and the workload never ends. You are always “mom”. Always on and never off.
Regardless if you’re a mom, one thing is sure, we women tend to carry the weight of the world on our shoulders. We forget to take care of ourselves. Always serving, giving, and going above and beyond for those who need us. Often in the process, we forget to take care of ourselves.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, we can not forget to take care of ourselves. It’s like you’re a cup, and if you don’t take the time to fill your cup, how in the world do we expect to pour into the lives around us? Often we end up not giving those around us our best because we are tired, stressed out, and flustered.
I get that we can’t all hire maids and chefs. But we can do simple things (and that don’t cost a whole lot of money) throughout the week/month/and year to pour into us, or so to speak.
The sky’s the limit, and you know your budget and what you can or can’t afford. But here are a few ideas on what you can do for a better you in 2017.
- Go get your hair done. Maybe it’s finally going lighter, or darker. A good haircut or color will do wonders for ya.
- Sign up for a gym. Maybe it’s a cycling class? Whatever it is, take the time to take care of your body. Strengthen your body. You don’t have to be fit; you just have to be healthy.
- Get more sleep. The average American does not get enough sleep. It is recommended you get 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
- Update your closet/wardrobe. You don’t have to go on a shopping spree to get a whole new closet. But cleaning the closet out and getting rid of those skinny jeans (that you have not worn in over a year) will make you feel better.
- Sign up for a monthly massage. So many massage places have a monthly membership of $50 where you can get one massage a month.
- Get a mani or a pedi. This is my thing, I go twice a month, and it’s where I can relax and enjoy some “me” time.
The sky’s the limit, and there are so many things out there. Find out what it is is you enjoy, and do more of that. I don’t know what your resolutions for 2017 are, but I want to encourage you to add more of “me” time in 2017.
Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day!