Well, it’s official… in the state of Texas, no school for the remainder of the year. Anyone else slightly nervous/panicked? We have been social distancing for six weeks now, and I have a new level of appreciation for our teachers. I know most of us are going crazy and looking for things to do with the kids, so today, I wanted to share 10+ activities for kids at home.
This season is pure madness. I mean, I have no other way to describe it, really. At the end of the day, we are trying to remind ourselves that this will not be our forever (I pray that at least!). This is a season, and just like every season, they come and go. We are promised today, not tomorrow.
I hope this small list below will allow you to take some time out of the craziness of our new normal and to enjoy each other. Remember, we are not the only ones missing things; our kids are too. They miss school, their friends and their teachers.
Activities for kids at home.
- Make ice cream (recipe here)
- Bake a cake (see how we make this yummy Brazilian chocolate cake here)
- Play “The Floor is Lava” (the kids LOVE this game)
- Pizza Party (BUT DIY).
- Play Escape the room- KIDS edition
- Build a Garden/ Plant some flowers
- Melt broken crayons on a canvas! (see how-to here)
- Try the Skittles and Water Experiment (see how-to here)
- Workout together
- Scavenger hunt
- Make homemade playdough (see the recipe here)
- Create an obstacle course
- Try the Bouncy Egg experiment.
** tee’s from Tony bi Toni
What are some things and activities you’re doing at home with the kids? Share them below! Thank you for stopping by, I hope you are staying safe and well!
SEE SIMILAR ARTICLES HERE: