A special thank you to MudPie for sponsoring this Christmas family traditions post. As always all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting those who support Uptown with Elly Brown.
It’s the most wonderful time of the yeaaaaarr!!
I love Christmas season. Give me all the hot chocolate, cookies, and peppermint white mochas! The boys this year get Christmas, and it’s so exciting to see it! They also are at the point that each time they see a commercial with a toy they say “Mama, I want that one.” I mean they are only 3 and 2. What in the world?!
Last year was our first year starting new Christmas family traditions. This year we have begun doing them again, and to see it click inside Jadyn and Colin’s little head is such a cool thing as a parent. It brings up so much joy! A few weeks back Jadyn went to school, and he was the only one in class who answered correctly of what the meaning of Christmas was. He goes around saying it’s Jesus birthday to everyone. Just last night he was singing happy birthday while playing with the tree.
As many of you know, we have been remodeling and redoing our house. It was a perfect time to team up with MudPie for our Christmas Decor! I was completely smitten with how our dining room looked, that I couldn’t wait for our Christmas decor to be set! I totally had half our home Thanksgiving and half Christmas. Does anyone else do that?!
I love all their decor items; they have everything you need for hosting, decorating and even great gifts! They even have adorable gifts for your four-legged family member! (I need to get sugar this bone toy set!)
Today I wanted to share our new living room along with a few of our favorites Christmas family traditions during the holidays!
- We give back. Every year we will pick a child to give a gift too. This year we choose our neighbor who is expecting her first baby. Technically the baby isn’t born yet, but we felt it was a good idea to give her something.
- We make cookies! This one is my favorite. Jadyn and Colin love helping and licking the batter with me (haha). We also leave cookies for Santa and reindeer treats!
- We snuggle and watch Christmas movies with hot cocoa. Our favorite movies are Home Alone (and 2), The Elf, and The Polar Express.
- We make new ornaments every year! Last year we made snowman and reindeer. This year I want to make something a bit more advance with them.
- We see Christmas lights. There is a cool neighborhood by us that allows you to drive down every street to see lights. Each street has a different theme. It’s so pretty! I think Jordan and I enjoy it as much as the boys do!