This post contains affiliate links, purchasing through them help support this blog.
I love date nights with the hubby. It always takes me back to us dating and how I would always get that giddy feeling waiting for him to pick me up. I still get butterflies with him, even after 8 years together! We love going out and enjoying each other. It’s always nice to actually enjoy your dinner for a change and not have to think about telling the kids to eat their food.
Date nights are rare and oh so valuable. We try to make date night at least once a month, it doesn’t always happen but our goal is at least once a month. Sometimes we get lucky and get two in a month (those are oh so rare). Since today is all about date night, below are are 5 date night ideas.
- Have dinner with a view. Here in Houston we have the Spindaletop restaurant at the Hyatt hotel. We love going at night-time (duh). It has actually been a thing of ours that every new city we visit we eat at their Spindaletop restaurant. So far we have only eaten at three… we don’t get out much. Haha!
- Go Dancing! Take up a class together and let loose! Even if you aren’t coordinated or “challenged” in this area. Enjoy stepping on each others toes, and being uncoordinated together. Plus you’ll get an excuse to touch each other.
- Go to a drive in movie. Snuggle up in the back seat together, and act like your teenagers! Make out during the whole movie, and go ahead and get frisky. You can thank me later.
- Go to a comedy show. They say laughter is the best medicine, so go laugh together.
- Get competitive. Play a game of H.O.R.S.E and sweat it out together. Get dirty so you can get clean… together… and I’ll leave the rest to your imagination.
The goal is to have fun, and to keep the spark alive. Marriage is work, you get what you put in. You have to invest in each other (like you did when you were dating). You have to enjoy each other and love on each other. Remember that before the kids came into the picture there was just the two of you. The little munchkin(s) came as a result of the love you have for each other.
Have a great weekend! Now go find a babysitter and enjoy date night!