This post contains affiliate links, purchasing through them help support this blog.
I’ll start off by admitting that the one thing I do take a lot of pride in is my hair. I work very hard to keep it healthy and strong. It used to not be this way, it all started with a very bad haircut years ago! I’m pretty sure we have all been there right?
I have very thick hair, my hair is very sleek and doesn’t hold a style for long, but man is it thick. My hair is also wavy when I let it air dry. But over the years and as I got older my hair lacked a lot of shine and life. About three years ago I stumbled on coconut oil. I started doing my research and one thing led to another and soon I became obsessed in keeping my hair healthy, strong, and shiny.
Coconut oil has MANY benefits for your hair, but the biggest improvement I have seen is that my hair is shiny, and it grows a lot faster. I started doing hair masks once a week and after I started seeing results I was hooked!
My all time favorite mask is the Coconut oil and Lavender oil mask. For this hair mask all I do is apply the coconut oil and a few drops of lavender oil together, I rub them in my hands and apply all over my hair. While I am applying this on my hair I massage my scalp to stimulate the hair follicles in which help promote hair growth! I normally do this mask at night and go to sleep with it, wash it off in the morning and style my hair as usual.
So what does the Lavender oil do? Well first of all it smells great (duh!) Second of all it helps control hair loss and promotes hair growth BUT, It also helps with itchy scalp and or dandruff.
Doing a mask on your hair is great, but there are also many things that you can do to keep your hair on #fleek. Here are my 5 tips to keeping your hair healthy.
- DO NOT wash your hair everyday. That will cause you to strip your hair of its natural oils leaving them dry and brittle. If you absolutely have to wash it every day just use water to rinse your hair, or get yourself a dry shampoo. Aim to wash your hair every 2-3 days.
- On the flip side, if you do use a lot of products get yourself a clarifying shampoo to use once a week (love this one). Product build up can weigh your hair down, leaving no shine and hard to manage.
- Use less heat if possible. I try to air dry my hair as often as I can, applying extra heat to my hair is just not something I want to do when I know if I just plan my time better I can let my hair air dry and avoid the extra heat.
- Do a hair mask at least twice a month and let it really soak in. Or if your prefer, get a hair conditioning treatment at your hair salon.
- Be mindful of what you put in your body. Now, I know you may ask how does this have anything to do with your hair? Well it really does… just like anything, you get what you put in. If you are depleting your body of the good stuff, how can you expect for it to produce good things? Drink water- and LOTS of it. Take your vitamins, and eat fruits and veggies. Having a good diet is extremely beneficial for your WHOLE body!
There you have it my friend! I hope this has helped you, and if you have any tips make sure to comment below.
P.S. Don’t forget to share this with your BFF because sharing is caring!
P.S.S. Stay tuned on my IG for a special giveaway! (Hint: It includes a bottle of Young Living Essential Lavender Oil!)