I loooove my coffee. But I am also verrry picky about my coffee. Years ago, I used to work and manage a Starbucks kiosk inside a grocery store. That was when my love for the Starbucks white mocha was born.
Fast forward 12 years later, I still to this day ONLY drink a white mocha, and in the winter it’s a peppermint white mocha. Boring, I know.. but I like my coffee sweet, and I’m a creature of habit.
Drinking a Starbucks white mocha every day can get very expensive. And, over the years I have tried countless variations of DIY white mocha, and none have succeeded… until a few weeks ago. I have FINALLY found a recipe, and man it is sooo good.
Before we dive into the recipe, I wanted to share a few tips on how to make your very own white mocha at home.
- This works best with an espresso machine versus a drip coffee machine. When you order a white mocha at Starbucks, they make it with espresso shots vs. drip coffee and milk. This DOES make a difference in how your coffee tastes.
- I have personally bought several coffee machines, and although the Breville is pricey, it is worth every penny (and my favorite machine to date). If you can add this bad boy to your Christmas list, I would highly suggest doing so.
- Your DIY Starbucks white mocha needs to be 80% milk and 20% coffee. Next time you do order yourself a white mocha at Starbucks, pay close attention to the barista and how much milk they use and the color of your coffee.
- I use my reusable coffee cup from Starbucks which holds 16oz. I pour two shot glasses for my espresso and those equal to about 2oz. Therefore, it ends up being about 14oz of milk. Jordan teases me and says I have coffee with my milk. #sorrynotsorry
- I do not refrigerate my DIY sauce, and for a 16oz cup of coffee, I use two tablespoons of the white chocolate sauce.
Lastly, here are the ingredients, measurements along with how to make your very own Starbucks white mocha…
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 can of evaporated milk (you can use ½ can, that will make it a bit thicker).
1/3 cup of sugar
1 tbs Vanilla Extract
6 ounces of white chocolate
First, melt your chocolate in the microwave following the instructions from the package.
Second, combine all ingredients together in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until smooth.
Remove pan from the stove, let cool, and stir occasionally to keep the sauce from hardening.
Note* I would not recommend using the sauce for more than two weeks. If sauce hardens, run under hot water.
Now pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy :).
I would love to hear from you when (and if) you make this! Did you like it, did you make any tweaks? Share below! Thank you so much for stopping by, have a great day.
P.S. Check out my DIY STARBUCKS MEDICINE BALL, it’s perfect if you have a cold!