This post contains affiliate links, purchasing through them help support this blog.
Happy Friday! We all know traveling with kids is hard. So many things to pack, and it usually ends up being more of a hassle and stressful trip for us parents.
A few weekends ago we went to Galveston, and I thought I would share a few pictures that we were able to get plus a few ideas for your next family staycation. Because lets face it, sleeping in your own bed is much more comfy anyways.
1. Visit your local beach. Even if your beach is yucky, and smells bad(A.K.A Galveston). Your kids don’t care about how dirty or nasty it is. Get dirty, and have fun! Build sand castles and feed the seagulls.
2. Get local. Go to a baseball game, visit your local outdoor theatre, or see a concert. Find out what’s happening local and go have fun!
3. Play laser tag. Endless hours of fun here. Plus it’s like paint ball but with out the bruises!
4. Visit a water park. If you have little fishes (like we do) who just love playing in the water then this is the perfect place to go to! Don’t forget the turkey sandwiches.
5. Take your kids to the Zoo. Jadyn and Colin love feeding the giraffes and learning all about the different animals. We have bought a membership for the Houston Zoo to save us money. We try to go at least once a month to the zoo!
6. Visit your local Museums. I think it’s safe to say that every town has different museums for different age groups. Jadyn and Colin love going to the Kids Museum!
7. Have a picnic. Bring your favorite snacks, play a little bit of Frisbee, and don’t forget the family dog! Let them all run loose after each other.
8. Go camping in your backyard. Star gaze and have a contest on who can point out the most constellations. Have some s’mores and catch fireflies and don’t worry about a bed time!
There you have it! I hope this inspires you for your next family staycation. Just make sure to unplug your self from the world little and spend time with those who really matter. You are not promised tomorrow- so make the most of today! Have a great weekend! xoxo