Have you ever watched those YouTube Lifehack videos? Jadyn and Colin are obsessed with those, and some of these videos actually have really good ideas (and they work)! Over the years, I have tested Fashion and Beauty Hacks and even done a few of my own.
Friends don’t leave friends hanging, so I wanted to share with you my tried & true Fashion and Beauty Hacks that every girl should know. I promise that these work and will make your life a whole lot easier!
- When in a pinch use your straightener to iron your clothes.
- Have cheap jewelry that turns your finger green? Use clear nail polish where it touches the skins. Prevents the metal from turning and your skin from getting green.
- Use fashion tape to tape down the tail of your belt. If you don’t have fashion tape in your closet, now is the time to get one. Fashion tape is good for pretty much anything. I love my fashion tapes from Fearless Tape.
- Use toothpaste to clean your shoes! This works great with your converse, or any of the bottom soles of your shoes.
- Have a grease stain on your shirt from dinner? Put some Dawn soap on the stain before throwing in the wash!
- Use a paper clip to hide bra straps, or you can get fancy and get a bra strap clip that will last you years.
- Use coconut oil to remove makeup. Coconut oil is excellent even to remove stubborn waterproof mascara. Bonus points for it being great for your skin!
- Don’t have eyeliner? Use a dark shade of eyeshadow to follow your eye line, or to even fill in your brow!
- For a sun-kissed look add blush to the bridge of your nose!
- Use your conditioner to shave with if you run out of shaving cream.
- Dip your nails in ice-cold water after painting them for faster drying time! The key here is as SOON as you are done painting them to stick them in ice-cold water for a couple of minutes.
- Break in your shoes with socks and a hairdryer. The idea is you need to blast the hot air over your shoes and let the shoes mold to your feet. Note: do not take off the shoes until they have completely cooled down.
- Zipper won’t open? Rub some Vaseline on it.
- For an easy way to clean your beauty blender throw it in a cup with water and dish soap. Place in microwave for a minute. This is a great way to zap bacteria and you will see instant results.
- Use your toothbrush to comb down baby hair and flyaways! Just spray an OLD toothbrush with hairspray and run the toothbrush through your hair! Tip: DO NOT use the same toothbrush you use to comb your hair, I get the same toothbrush sold in a multipack.
- Do you have a magic eraser lying around at home? Try using it on white shoes that aren’t a type of cloth to clean them up.
- Have a clutch you want to be a shoulder bag? Throw a skinny belt around the inside of it!
- Use hairspray on your bobby pins to help make the bobby pin stay put. This works like a charm!
- Try using dry shampoo before bed and adding a little bit more in the morning. Touching it up with a blow dryer will add more volume and help remove the white residue!
Have you personally tried any of these fashion and beauty hacks above? Do you have a hack that you have tried and it works? Share below!
Thank you so much for stopping by, have a great day!