Can you believe Father’s Day is just 6 days away!! Father’s Day is one of my favorite days, I love getting together with the boys and spoiling Jordan. The boys are getting a little bit older which means they understand it a little bit better. Although I can’t fully disclose what we have up our sleeves this year because Jordan would find out after reading my blog!
This year instead of talking about gifts, I wanted to talk about Father’s Day ideas and fun ways to celebrate the special man in our lives. Believe it or not, every guy is a kid at heart. When they have kids, they become even bigger kids. The things that Jordan does with the boys, or the toys he buys – I swear it’s like he buys it for himself. I think he actually enjoys them more than the boys.
One of our favorite things to do with Dad is to go to our favorite spot (City Centre) and play around out on the grass and stuff our faces with food and sweets from Sweet. We always try to bring some soccer balls, and some footballs to throw around and play with the boys. Jordan was the all-star QB in high school and played college ball at UH (go coogs!) so he could play with a football for hours outside. I love seeing him show the boys how to catch/throw the ball.
So what are some other things we can do to celebrate our special man?
- Have a picnic and enjoy the outdoors. Play frisbee, tackle football, soccer, or whatever his favorite game may be!
- Go see a car show! Okay I admit this one may be a bit boring for us women, but the day isn’t about us. Who knows, you may end up really enjoying it.
- Go to a ball game! Most dads love sports, and here’s a tip for those that really, really love the game- try not to ask questions during a big play. I always end up asking something during a big play and Jordan always gives me the side eye. Oops!
- Go to a theme park! We all had so much fun at Kemah Boardwalk here in Houston. The boys STILL talk about getting on the boat and going on the train ride.
- Go bowling! This is great even if you have little ones. You can split up in teams, and let your competitiveness come out. Losing team buys the winning team ice-cream!
I hope this gives you an idea to think outside the box and to celebrate dad in a fun way with the whole family! A Happy Father’s Day to all the dad’s out there! We love you and so thankful for everything you do!
Affiliate links: on me- ℅ Crocs Isabella Sandal | Top | ℅ Jeans
on Jordan- ℅ Crocs Kinsale lace-up | Shirt | Shorts (similar style)
on Colin- ℅ Crocs (similar) | ℅ Tee | Shorts
on Jadyn- ℅ Crocs (similar) | ℅ Tee | Shorts
Photog by Ailee Petrovic
A special thank you to Crocs for sponsoring this post. As always thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting those who make Uptown with Elly Brown possible.
Something completely off topic, but did you make those cute jeans you are wearing or buy them….I’ve made a pair, but I can’t get enough fringe on the bottom!!
Hey Nicole! So I did get these from True religion! But I have frayed several denim before, did you try the sandpaper or fabric razor? Also Try washing and drying it, that normally does the trick too
Magnificent m8 I want to make love to the use of shade and button!