This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using the links in this post.
I get asked a lot how do I find time for myself, or have the motivation and finding inspiration post-baby.
I’m no expert, and I don’t have all the answers, but I’ll share with you a few tips on how I find time for myself post-baby or with kids in general.
The truth is, there isn’t a formula, or you need to do XYZ. It boils down to just doing it. If you were hoping for more, I am so sorry to break it to you!
Unfortunately, there is not a way to have more hours in a day, and we can’t clone ourselves (but oh man how I wish I could). It’s a matter of making yourself a priority. I know that sounds selfish, but sometimes you have to be. I know that I have to be at my best for my family, for my kids, for my work, etc. And I’m not talking about being my best just on the outside, but on the inside as well.
Some days will be better than others at finding inspiration, and seasons come and go. Don’t be hard on yourself. We always talk about extending grace to others, but we forget to extend grace to ourselves. We are human. Not some super natural being that can get everything done and look like a supermodel while doing it.
There are days I don’t get out of the house, and everyone is still in jammies at 3 o’clock. Other days, I’m able to wake up before the kids, get things straightened up around the house, actually drink a hot cup of coffee and put on some makeup. #winning
A few tips I do have for finding inspiration and time for yourself are;
- Have your kids help around the house. Things won’t end up perfect, but at least it’s done. For example, my boys know how to make their bed and always clean up their toys.
- Go to bed EARLY. Get rest mama, running on empty all the time isn’t good for you.
- Get up early. That way you can enjoy your cup of coffee, have some quiet time, and even get a shower in peace!
- Have a schedule, and don’t cram all your to-do in one day. Have time slots for what needs to get done, and do your best to stick to that. And if certain things don’t get done, it’s OKAY.
- Stop comparing where you are at with where someone else is at. I think it’s great to look up to people and learn from others. But don’t forget everyone has a different lifestyle, walk of life, and even different strengths and weaknesses. Give yourself grace.
What about you? Do you have any tips for finding inspiration that you would like to share? Send them my way! Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!
Photos by Julia Arceri