Happy New Year!
My gosh. It is 2017! I took last week off to rest and enjoy time off with my family. It was the perfect ending to 2016! Now I am ready to kick butt in 2017 and to kick things off; I wanted to share my resolutions with you. Iron sharpens iron right?! I’ve also gotta keep myself accountable somehow! So here are my resolutions…
- Get more sleep. Since October, scratch that, since we have had kids getting sleep always feels like the last thing on our minds. We all know when you get good to rest your more patient, alert, and focused. We average 5-6 hours a night, and that is not okay.
- Cook/Bake more. I love cooking and baking; I just feel like there is not enough time during the day. Cooking always gets put last on my list. I know how much the hubby loves a home cooked meal, so I want to get better at that.
- Wake up with the hubby in the morning. I am not a morning person, I’m a night owl, which is why we go to bed late. But I would love to kiss off the hubby and make him breakfast before he leaves. Not to mention some alone time before the kids wake up.
- Learn to prioritize. I have the type A personality, and I am really good at getting stuff done, but I seem not to do them in the order it needs to get done.
- Have more girl time. The boys are in school now, and even though it is only two days a week, I want to invest in my friends and not get so involved in the day to day tasks of life. Laundry can wait, and so can the dishes in the sink.
- Put my phone down. This is a hard one because my job does involve social media, but I need to have a limit. This year the phone will be shut down by 8 pm, and I won’t pick it up during family time or before 7 am.
Those are my resolutions! Do you have any resolutions for this year? Find an accountability partner to keep you focused and to stay strong! Wishing you a great 2017 filled with love, joy, peace, and prosperity. I can’t wait to see what 2017 unfolds. Affiliate links: floral top (similar) | ℅ jeans | shoes | bag (similar)
Photos by: Ailee Petrovic