It’s my birthday. I’m one year closer to the big 30! 8 years married, two kids and one on the way. Now that I write all that out I feel like I should be 35. I’ve always wanted to get married and start a family at a young age, we plan to be done having kids by the time I am 30. Jordan wants four kids; I am not quite there… I would like to have the third baby first then see how things go.
Lots have happened this year. As I look back on my 26th year there are several things I wish I would have told myself before, or maybe even prepared myself for? A part of me can’t help but laugh at myself and all the silly stuff I sweat about. Jordan will be the first to tell you that I need to relax and that I’m too uptight. He’s right, though. I get that from my dad, I’m a hot headed latin girl. Haha.
Anyways, as I approach 27 here are five things I’m reminding myself to do:
1. Let go of the small stuff. In the grand scheme of things and life, does everything have to be perfect? No, it doesn’t.
2. Learn to prioritize. If my hot headed, and stubborn self was not enough, I’m also Type “A.” So EVERYTHING on my list has to be checked off, or I can’t sleep.
3. You don’t need to clean the house every day, it’s okay if dishes are left in the sink and that the beds are not made.
4. Have more fun! Jadyn is almost 4, and I still don’t get all this boy stuff. Playing in the dirt doesn’t make sense, but just dot it anyways.
5. Get more rest. 5-6 hours a night is not good for you. You NEED sleep.
6. Dream more. Don’t limit yourself and what God can do. Trust that God will give you the desires of your heart.
7. Speaking of God… remember that through the trials and pain he is and will always be there. Life is not rainbows and sunshine, but the fight is already won!
26 you’ve been good, but I know 27 will be even better! Cheers to one year closer to 30! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Photos by Meredith from This Lavender Life