I will admit I am a hair snob, I am SO picky with my hair, and I do my VERY BEST to keep it in tip-top shape. I remember the two times I had extensions only lasted about two months BOTH times, legit having nightmares of my hair falling out. I woke up crying, and the next day took them out. I’m no hair expert, but I wanted to share my personal tips, healthy scalp tips for healthy hair. Again, this is what has worked for me and what has kept my hair healthy.
HOW TO ACHIEVE A HEALTHY SCALP:
- Avoid washing your hair too often. If you wash your hair too often, you can strip your scalp of the natural oil, causing dry and brittle hair. I wash my hair once or twice a week. P.S. you can train your hair to be washed less often.
- Stop using so much dry shampoo. I know dry shampoo is a girl’s best friend, but a GOOD dry shampoo will need to be applied once and should last several days. If you have to use your dry shampoo every day, it is not working. Time to find a new one! Too much product (and not just dry shampoo) build-up on your scalp is not good for your hair.
- Apply your products mid-shaft down. Again, avoid building up all the product on your scalp! Product build-up on your scalp can lead to an irritated and flaky scalp!
- Watch what you eat & drink your water! Like any other part of your body, your diet can also affect your hair’s health. So, drink up, buttercup!
- Exfoliate your scalp. Exfoliating your scalp can help with dandruff, itchy scalp, and removing product build-up. I’ve tried several scalp scrubs recently, but my favorite is by Rooted Rituals sold exclusivity at Walmart. Many scalp scrubs tend to be too rough and makes my hair tangled and matted, but this Rooted Rituals Quick Rinse Scalp Scrub has a perfect consistency, does its job, and smells so good! Rooted Rituals products are made with ingredients like ginger root, charcoal, mint, aloe, and Vitamin E that care for your scalp and hair all at once!
Tell me below, have you ever tried a scalp scrub? If so, what was your experience like? Do you have any healthy scalp tips to share? Share them!
Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a great day!
SEE MORE HAIR ARTICLES HERE: