Tis the season for getting dressed up and going all out on your holiday outfit. Christmas parties galore and it’s time to get your holiday look on! So what do you and your hubby wear and, how do you look like Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel? (Whenever I see Jordan in his suit and bow tie I always think of JT’s Suit and Tie song.) Let’s dive in on how to look your best for your next holiday outfit.
1. Take your time getting ready. If you are rushed the odds are you’re not going to be able to do everything you wanted or you’re going to settle for something easy and quick because you don’t have time. It’s safe to say my cat eye took 20 minutes, and it took me just about two hours to get ready (I had one too many dance breaks while listening to Taylor Swift, haha!)
2. If your budget allows it and you don’t feel confident doing your hair and makeup, go get them done! If the budget doesn’t allow for that, watch YouTube videos and get on Pinterest to find inspiration, and practice the week of your party. Practice makes perfect!
3. Know what you are going to wear 1 week before the event date, and have a backup! Why? Because that way you are not scrambling trying to figure out what to wear, and if you need to get something you have plenty of time. I love using Rent The Runway, I always get my shipment two days before my event, and I order a backup size in the same dress (it’s free) just in case things don’t work out.
4. You and your man don’t have to be matchy-matchy, you can choose colors that coordinate. If you are wearing a red dress, maybe have his tie/bow tie have red in it.
5. Last but not least, when it comes to dressing your guy, and this is my biggest pet peeve- seeing a lady so put together and her husband looks frumpy, so I say this with love- DON’T LET HIM LOOK FRUMPY! I hate seeing a guy in a suit that looks 5x too big on him. Jordan likes his clothes slim fitted, and your guy may not like it slim fit, but just please make sure the pants are not baggy or, that his shoes look like he bought them 5 years ago.
I may not be an expert in mens fashion and I love to see Jordan take an interest in his own holiday outfit, men do have a lot of options and their outfits don’t have to look boring! You might say well, Elly I can not beg my guy enough to switch the clothes in his closet. My answer to that is: Bribe him… with you know what. haha! Seriously though, start implementing new pieces in his closet slowly and when he does wear the new clothing item, compliment him and don’t take your hands off him! Trust me, he will get it and the lightbulb will go on. Next time he is getting ready I would be willing to bet money that he’ll grab that clothing item more often!
Photography by Loren Ferguson