Valentine’s day is just around the corner, and I thought it would be fun to update date night ideas! Date nights are essential, ESPECIALLY if you have kids. It’s a time to stop, connect (or reconnect), and enjoy each other.
Life has a way of throwing things at you and your marriage, and if you are not taking the time to connect and to enjoy each other, to have fun, you’ll soon find yourself as two roommates going about life.
We try to prioritize here at least two times a month for date nights, even if it’s just a cozy night at home. Date nights don’t always have to be big and grand; they can be cozy nights by the fire just talking. Remeber, it’s a time to enjoy each other and have fun!
I hope you find some ideas below and I hope you have a great date night ?
Date night ideas
- Go wine tasting and get tipsy together (remember not to drink and drive, though!)
- Go to a comedy show and share some belly laughs! Laughter is good for the soul!
- Take a pottery class together! I’m having Ghost flashbacks here ?.
- Take a staycation at a local hotel. Make it a challenge to not leave the room for the weekend and to lounge, order room service, and veg out together!
- Take a cooking class together and bake up something sweet ?.
- Go Ice skating! It’s still Winter, and the perfect winter Date night. Don’t forget hot cocoa!
- Have a bonfire(ish), at home! A couple of years ago we got those small fire pits to have in the backyard, I LOVE the smell of wood crackling and curling up to each other.
- Serve together at a local shelter. This may not sound the most fun, but being a part of something greater TOGETHER and serving together will bring you closer.
- Take a dance class. A little 2-step, or bossa nova. And no, you don’t have to have a dancing bone in your body to take a dance class. It’s something fun to do and learn together!
- Go axe throwing and make it a competition. Looser gets to massage (ONLY massage) winner.
What are some of your favorite date nights that you have had in the past? Share them below for more ideas!
Thank you so much for stopping by, have a great day!
SEE MORE POSTS HERE: