With everyone quarantined and not able to get our nails done, hair did, or even spray tans done; we are all left with learning to do things ourselves. Which, btw is not a bad thing at all! But certain things can be a learning curve, and today I wanted to share with you my tips and tricks on How to Apply Self Tanning Lotion and to NAIL your application, every time!
Before we get into my favorite brands (heads up, I only have two, HA!), I wanted to share a few things you should and should NOT do when you apply self tanning lotion.
How to Apply Self Tanning Lotion:
- YOU NEED TO PREP YOUR SKIN. Shave and exfoliate 24 hours BEFORE you apply ANY self-tanner. You know those brown freckle like dots you get on your legs? That’s because when you shave too soon, you open up your pores!
- After you achieve your desired tan look, rinse with cool water, and avoid using soap.
- Try layering self-tanner products like adding The Body to your body moisturizer.
- Avoid going to steam rooms, saunas, baths, or working out the day you apply your self-tanner.
- KEEP YOUR SKIN HYDRATED. It will help to extend the life of your tan!
- Use a Tanning mit, it helps you achiveve a flawless and even (streak-free) application!
FAQ ON SELF TANNERS:
How often should you apply self-tanner?
I apply once a week. Sometimes I will add a couple of The Face drops midweek for a boost if I need to.
Can you use tanning lotion on your face?
Yes! However, some self-tanners (like Tan-Luxe, for example) has Cellutone Complex with firming and toning qualities for their body products.
Can you use tanning lotion while pregnant?
Yes, but please get your doctor’s approval FIRST.
Does Tanning Lotion stain sheets & clothes?
Some can, so do be careful! I have not had that happen with the Tan-Luxe, nor the Isle of Paradise.
The biggest difference between Isle of Paradise and Tan-Luxe is
- Tan-Luxe is double the price. However, I will say it is very worth the $$. And it does last a long time.
- Isle of Paradise I feel has a slightly stronger Tan scent. It is also clean, Tan-Luxe rating in EWG has a rating of 6.
- Overall, both are great, work well and does its job!
This completely color-free vitamin-infused tanning water combines purified water, vitamins B, C, and E, raspberry seed oil, aloe vera, and organic tanning actives to illuminate and hydrate. streak-free tanning water. Paraben, Sulfate, Phthalate, cruelty, and toxin-free.shop now
A tanning concentrate that transforms any moisturizer, serum, or face oil into a custom self tanner. Paraben, Sulfate, Phthalates, and cruelty-free. This product is an Allure Best of Beauty award winner.shop now
Isle of Paradise Water
A self-tanning water with color-correcting actives. Organic tanning actives combine with avocado, chia seed, and coconut oils for a happy, hydrated glow. This product is cruelty-free, 100 percent vegan, organic, and made using certified organic ingredients, actives at low pH levels, non-sensitizing ingredients, hypoallergenic ingredients, and pure oils. It does not contain mineral oils, petrolatum, gluten, GMO, or toxins.shop now
Isle of Paradise Drops
A bottle of custom-made self-tanning drops that allow you to control your glow. Simply add these color-correcting Self Tanning Drops to your moisturizer for a natural, sunkissed glow. This product is cruelty-free, 100 percent vegan, organic, and made using certified organic ingredients, actives at low pH levels, non-sensitizing ingredients, hypoallergenic ingredients, and pure oils. It does not contain mineral oils, petrolatum, gluten, GMO, or toxins.shop now
Thank you so much for stopping by, and share below, what is your favorite self-tanner? Do you have a good drugstore one I should try? Let me know!
Have a great one!
SEE SIMILAR ARTICLES HERE: