I am so excited for this weekend. My parents will have the boys for the weekend, and that means Jordan and I will have some alone time! I love hanging out with my man. It’s always so much fun with Jordan and so much belly hurting kind of laughs. The fact that we can sleep in will be golden also!
Let’s get straight into today’s post. This pregnancy will be my 4th pregnancy, and it’ll be my third child. I could practically do this with my eyes closed, ha!
Pregnancy is no walk in the park, your body goes through some major changes, and let’s face it your body is growing and stretching, you can’t sleep, you can’t breathe, and you have zero energy. That’s not even half of it! I can’t complain, though, my pregnancies with Jadyn and Colin were relatively easy, I did have sickness in the first trimester, but once I hit the second trimester, I was okay.
This time around, I thankfully don’t have any sickness (other than heartburn and indigestion). But my energy level is the lowest out of all my pregnancies.
Trying not to look (or feel) like a balloon during pregnancy is just hard. There are days, and by days, I mean nearly every day, where you just don’t give (excuse my language) a damn.
For today, I wanted to share a few tips on how I feel and look my best during my pregnancy;
- Do your makeup. Even if it’s just mascara and lipstick, a little pick me up never hurt anybody.
- Take a bubble bath. Nothing like relaxing and taking a time out to chase the pregnancy blues away. I like to add a bit or lavender oil to my baths to help me relax. I also aim to get in the tub at least 2x a week.
- Get your sweat on. Trust me, I get that working out is the LAST thing you want to do when you have zero energy, but working out increases blood flow, which is good for the baby. Working out also helps you sleep better during the night, and keeps that baby brain of yours sharp and alert.
- Learn to say no. Don’t over commit, or put more on your plate then you need to. You’re growing a human, that in itself is a lot of work. If you don’t need to do it, then don’t commit to it.
- Last but not least… fake it till you make it. There are days where I don’t feel like working out, and on those days, I still go. Jordan gets so annoyed because you can clearly see I’m not into it and I take forever, but at least I tried, right? Most of the times I don’t feel like getting up and getting ready or doing my hair. But I push myself anyways, and 9 out of 10 times I always feel better for pushing myself to do it.
So what are some things you do to feel your best during pregnancy? Share below! Would love hear your secrets!
Photos by: Julia Gozman
Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!