Date nights. I LOVE them; I love getting dolled up and taking my time getting ready. Grant it, getting ready pre-kids for date night was a whole lot easier. Nowadays, it takes a full day. But you know what? It’s always worth it. Today let’s talk how to get ready for a date night.
Now, when I say it takes me a day to get ready, that’s only because #momlife and me getting ready, is me getting the kids bathed, and ready for bedtime for the babysitter. Anyone else relate?
It may sound vain to say that I take a full day to get ready and that my husband should be happy with my no makeup messy bun self. BUT, men are visual. Not only that, I think our men deserve the best of us. I also want to add, that Jordan prefers me a-natural over anything. But I know he appreciates me getting ready for him as well.
So, here’s how to get ready for a date night;
1. Shave and wash/dry your hair. Why the day before? Well, if you’re a mom this will just cut back on time the day of. Having your hair dried will also make it easier to curl vs. washing, drying, and curling.
2. GET GOOD SLEEP. No one wants to go out with a tired and grouchy mama.
3. Figure out what you are going to wear, that way if you need to buy anything you have time.
1. Set the day with your favorite playlist. You know the one that is date night appropriate. Keep it PG if you have kids around!
2. Plan your day, so you’re not rushing.
3. Get the kids ready first, prep and get done what needs to be ready for the sitter.
4. Whip out that glass of wine while you’re getting ready.
5. Give yourself time to get ready, and enjoy the process.
6. DO NOT try a new makeup look or hairstyle. Odds are because it’s a new look, it will not come out the way you want or expect it.
7. HAVE FUN, get flirty, and enjoy the night.
shop some more of my favorite CeCe pieces from Nordstrom that are perfect for date night below:
Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day!