Marriage is hard! It needs to be nurtured and cared for to grow into a strong, beautiful relationship. I have learned over the last 12 years that you will get what you put into your marriage. If you don’t invest in your relationship and work together as a TEAM, it won’t work. I can’t promise our marriage is perfect, but today I wanted to share 8 tips on how to have a successful marriage.
Time flies with kids. I can not believe we have been married for close to 12 years! My love for my husband has grown more and more over the years. Jordan and I have had many challenges in our marriage, and each one of them has only made us a better team.
HOW TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL MARRIAGE;
1. Learn each other love language. This is a game-changer, learning your love language, and your spouses will help your marriage tremendously. Mine and Jordan’s love languages are complete opposite. But I know that for his love tank to be full, I need to speak HIS love language.
2. Have fun with each other. Just a few weeks ago for Jordan’s birthday instead of dinner and a movie we did dinner and games. Learn to laugh and be silly with each other!
3. Live for each other. Too often more than not, there are so many couples that just do their own thing. And at the end of the day, it’s just two people living separate lives residing in the same house. Learn to live with each other.
4. Pray for each other. Every day! I’m signed up for Unveiled Wife newsletter. I get an email daily with a prayer, and every day when I get it, I stop to pray for my marriage, for my husband, and most importantly I pray for myself. P.S. Power of A Praying Wife is a good book too!
5. First comes marriage, then kids. This is a tough one, I know. Children demand a lot. But please, please, don’t neglect your marriage for the sake of your kids. Your kids will one day leave, and what will you have left?
6. Learn the Love and Respect rule. I say it’s a rule, but it’s a book (one that I HIGHLY recommend). A women’s greatest need is to be loved, and a man is to be respected. Once you have this down, it’s smooth sailing or most of the time at least.
7. Iron sharpens Iron. Surround yourself with other Godly couples, couples who have a good marriage and who work hard at it. If you surround yourself with couples who do nothing but complain about their spouses, sure enough, you will find yourself doing the same.
8. Lastly, don’t give up on each other. Fight for your marriage, fight for peace, and love unconditionally. Love like God loves, forgive each other, don’t let the sun go down with a bitter heart. Marriage takes work, and you will reap what you sow. Sow into your marriage love, tender, and care. And you will reap just that.
What are some tips you have on how to have a successful marriage? Share them below!
All images by Lachers Lens
SEE MORE MARRIAGE ARTICLES HERE: