Life. It’s hard sometimes- isn’t it? I keep saying 2020 was hard, and the reality is, the hardest moment of 2020 was losing Lilly. It’s been almost a year, and there is still a lump in my throat. I’m still confused, and TBH- there is a fog over me where really nothing makes sense. I feel like I have lost my purpose. It’s been a day-by-day journey this past year. We all have dark seasons and difficult times, so I thought I would share how in this season, I’m clinging to hope and how to trust God in difficult times.
I wish I had the answer to things and why certain things happen in life, but the reality is- if I did have all the answers, I wouldn’t need Jesus. And I don’t know about you. But I need Jesus. I’m so far from perfect and make more mistakes in life than I can count. I need my savior.
The reality is that in dark times, it can feel lonely also. As if no one understands the pain you’re in. And you can run to any relief from the pain or loss, but nothing will truly satisfy you like Jesus. There is a God-shaped hole in all of us. And the sweetest part of it all is that he also longs to be in a relationship with us.
Friend, I have no idea what your walk may be like. I have no idea the struggles you are facing or the pain you are in. But I know Jesus sees you, and I know he hears you. There is hope- there is peace. And if we sit at his feet and truly surrender it all our dreams, our pain, our hopes- he will be there. He IS here.
How do you trust God in difficult times? The answer may be different for others, but here is what I have been doing a lot of …
How to Trust God in Difficult times
- Pray and spend time in God’s word. But, again, there is NOTHING that will satisfy you like Jesus. You can chase power, fame, money- and nothing will even come close. It will only leave you empty even more.
- Praise precedes the victory. Worship has always been important to me. It’s an act of surrender- me getting out of the way. There’s power in surrendering it all, knowing that I am unworthy of such a love to give up your son for my sins. It’s a time also to give thanks that despite a difficult season- God is and will always be good and just.
- Find something you enjoy doing. It can be working out, gardening, dancing. Whatever it is- find something you enjoy doing. Sometimes we need a little distraction and to do something that will put a smile on our faces.
How to Trust God in Difficult times
- Surround yourself with people who genuinely want the best for you. Iron sharpens, Iron the bible says (Proverbs 27:17). In difficult times, you need to make sure the people around you will call you into a higher place. People who will help carry the load when you can’t.
- Shift your perspective. The enemy wants nothing more than to keep you down. And sometimes- we need to fight back. We need to fight for our peace, for our joy. One way to do that is to find something to be grateful for. Have you ever heard “I smile” By Kirk Franklin? It goes on to say…”I smile, even though I hurt see I smile
I know God is working so I smile
Even though I’ve been here for a while
It’s so hard to look up when you been down
Sure would hate to see you give up now
You look so much better when you smile, so smile”.
Sometimes- even when it hurts- we have to choose to smile. We have to choose to see the good, to find the joy. Because ultimately, we know the victory is already ours, and the battle has already been won.
Again, I may not know your story, or how hard things are going. But I know we serve a good God. I know he cares for each of us, and I know there is a plan and purpose for every one of us. He has called you by name, and the word says he even knows how many hairs on your head you have (Luke 12:7). Now tell me he doesn’t care about you.
Also, it’s okay to seek help. Find someone to talk to. Go to your church and ask for help. Praying for you, and I pray that God gives you the strength to keep going. I pray his peace will overtake you. I pray that he gives you *true* joy.
Outfit details: dress / sandals (similar)/ bag / bracelets / rings
Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you have a beautiful day ahead.
READ SIMILAR POSTS HERE:
FAITH FRIDAY WITH ALINI MULLER
You are one beautiful woman. Inside and out. I needed this (IG PAULARNP)
thank you dear! ❤️
Thanks for sharing Elly I miss Lilly so much also… I meet Lilly in school she was a freshman I was a senior and she’s always been such a sweet heart ❤️ And true at everything you wrote . With Out God we are lost well I know I’m God is good all the time even in our lowest times
miss her so much. I’m so happy you got to meet her, she was a special woman!