A special thank you to Ulta Beauty for partnering with me to bring you this post. All thoughts an opinions are 100% my own
A few weeks back I posted a picture on IG and I mentioned how I had tried the ‘new’ thing (that isn’t really new at all) called ‘baking’ my makeup. The past few weeks I have been trying different ways to apply and perfecting my technique. Here is the lowdown…
So what is ‘baking’? Baking is a method used to keep your makeup looking flawless, and lasting all day. Once you have applied foundation and concealer you apply your setting powder (when I say apply it’s more like you bake it on and let it sit for 10 minutes). You would normally apply this on your T-zone, the only problem with this is that I felt like I just had too much makeup on, and it gave a matte finish (which I don’t like, I like my makeup very glowy). So, I just apply under my eyes.
How to ‘bake’ your makeup:
- Prime first… ALWAYS!
- Start with your foundation
- Conceal your under eyes.
- Contour (if you wish to do so)
- Apply translucent or setting powder, I like apply my powder with a damp beauty blender. I found that it worked better and lasted longer then applying with a brush.
- Bake for 10 minutes… this is when I normally fill in my brows and do my eye makeup.
- Brush off excess powder
- Apply blush, and highlight above cheekbones!
Ulta Beauty will be your place to get everything you need for this makeup technique. I have linked below all the products you can try for this look! Have fun ‘baking’ and have a great weekend!