It feels like it’s been forever! This past week has been a wild one. Everyone in the family has been sick at one point, Jordan had a sinus infection, Colin had his first ear infection and Jadyn has had a cough and runny nose. I don’t know how I have not managed to not get sick, but thank God! Mama doesn’t have time to get sick! I cannot believe my little Jadyn will be three in just a few months. My little blue-eyed baby is not a baby anymore! The weather here in Houston has been AMAZING the last few days and with lots of cooler weather ahead it’s the perfect time to get outside and enjoy the weather. Jadyn loves being outside and as the boys get older and life gets busier it’s important to me to spend time with them. So, what are some things you can do with your little ones? Here are my top 5 mommy and me day dates (because night dates are for mommy and daddy)
- Go Apple Picking or visit a Pumpkin Patch. Enjoy the sun, the breeze, and exploring. Most farms also have hay rides, don’t forget to go on the hay ride!
- Play a game of flag football. Get the whole family in on this and the team who loses has to do the house chores for a week!
- Enjoy the outdoors and the turning of the leaves by having a picnic. (Don’t forget the hot cocoa and marshmallows!)
- Have a campfire! Bring out the s’mores and the blankets. I would say don’t forget the guitar to sing songs with but, if you’re like me or Jordan and can’t play then you can always rely on Pandora music!
- Play in the leaves! Rake a huge pile and have at it. While your laying on the pile of leaves, enjoy the pretty clouds and cloud gaze!
Get inspired by Famous Footwear and see what everyone else is wearing! You can also share your own #ohsofamous moments and get a chance to be featured in their gallery (how cool!). Make sure to visit them here and you can get 15% off your next purchase (valid through 10/12/15)
Photography by the beautiful and sweet Ailee Petrovic
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.