It’s been such a slow Monday here and also very frustrating. Because I had to change the site lock on the blog I quit receiving emails which was very odd, especially since I am always getting press emails and what not. Well sure enough, there was a server issue and now I am panicking because FOMO (fear of missing out). They finally fixed it, but not sure what emails may have been sent that got lost from this issue. SOOO, if you tried to send me an email, please try again! #rantover
Last week I talked about 5 things every women needs. Today lets talk about 5 essentials every mama needs!
- Leggings. We all know leggings are heaven on earth for us mamas. Now I am totally not for wearing them #alldayeveryday BUT, it’s nice to get out of jeans every now and then and not have to worry about your mom jeans ripping when you squat down (or am I the only one that worries about that?)
- Graphic tee. Why? Because they make life more fun! I love my graphic tee’s and I promise you that sometimes they get me through the day!
- A good pair of kicks – one that can be dressed up or down. One that you can run around in after the boys but that can be easily worn with a cute summer dress.
- A large tote – because we all know your bag becomes the kids bag. I tried the whole carry the diaper bag and my bag thing, but lets be honest, carrying two bags is just annoying. I love my totes and backpacks that I can carry everything the boys need (snacks, diaper for Colin, toy cars, and water bottles) + all my things like wallet, keys, sunnies and so one.
- Your favorite lipstick (no matter the $$$). So this was actually on my other list too but, you wanna know why I am adding it to this list? Because as a mama it is very easy to forget about yourself. It’s natural to put yourself last and not care about wether you took a shower or not. But splurging on your favorite lip color is a great way to remind yourself to take care of YOU. Sometimes putting yourself first, and putting on some makeup is like investing in yourself. And if you don’t invest in yourself then who will?!
Photog By Elysian Fine Art
Thanks so much for stopping by guys! Don’t forget to come follow along on social media!
A special thank you to SWEETEES for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting those who make Uptown with Elly Brown possible.