I love traveling! I just wish I was able to do it more often. But it’s okay, anytime I do get to travel, I’m always on cloud nine! It may sound weird, but I LOVE staying at hotels and vacationing. It’s just so nice to wake up have breakfast, leave your room and when you come back the bed is made, you have fresh towels and a clean room.
I used to fly just about every year to Brasil. So I have had my fair share of traveling and packing. I have also moved in and out of the country with my parents and have packed our entire lives in suitcases. Yup, did that twice.
I will admit I tend to over pack, but always better safe than sorry. You can never be too prepared or worse, not have the right things you need. I am also extremely organized when it comes to packing, and everything has its place just like my house.
Today I am teaming up with Henri Bendel to share with you, my top tips on how I pack and how to stay organized while packing. Because trust me, I know how easy it is just to want to throw everything in your bag.
- Plan your outfits. This will help you not over pack. You can plan an extra outfit or two, but having your look head to toe will make things easier also when you’re at your destination.
- Get Laundry bags. Bags for your shoes, dirty clothes and so on. I also bring an extra laundry bag to put my dirty clothes in. Nothing worse than having to wash ALL your clothes because your clean and dirty clothes were mixed. I also put my shoes in bags, so my clothes stay clean.
- Organize your jewelry, That way your necklaces don’t get tangled or ruined. Here’s a tip; you can slide your necklaces through straws (great way to keep it from tangling). Or even separate them by bags like I do. I have a bag for my bracelets, rings and so on.
- You know those sample sizes you get in products, save them! Don’t even open them (so they don’t expire). These little samples are PERFECt for traveling. I have everything in sample sizes. It’s great because you not only get to try new products, but your bag will weigh less.
- Last but not least, roll those clothes. Despite what you think, rolling your clothes actually saves a TON of space in your bag rather than laying them flat in the suitcase (unless it’s a thick sweater or item, then it’s best to lay flat).
Do you have any tips or tricks when it comes to packing? Share below! I would love to hear them.
Suitcases c/o Henri Bendel (affiliate links): Train Case / Weekend Duffle / Wheeled Suitcase
Other travel items I own: Bag Tag / Pill Box / Laundry Bags / Eye Mask
Outfit details: leggings / top
Photos by Julia Gozman
Thank you for stopping by, Have a great weekend.
Whatever kind of packing solutions and clothing accessories you need is readily available online here at divadames.com