Happy Friday Eve!! One week away from Christmas!! AHH can you believe it? I seriously cannot. I cannot wrap my mind around this, I don’t know why but I just can’t!
Lets dive right in and talk about pattern mixing shall we? I wish there was one exact formula or “rule” that I can just give to you and tell you that this is how you should be mixing prints buuuut, unfortunately there is not. So, here are a few things to keep in mind when playing with pattern. Keep in mind these are not really any rules, fashion has no rules (most of the time). But think of these more of a guideline on how to pair patterns or prints together.
- Choose different sizes of patterns and prints. Ei; thins stripes and large floral prints, or vice versa.
- Treat Stripes and Leopard as a neutral. Always.
- You can and should pair the same type of print. Florals with florals, or stripes galore!
- The same guideline above can be applied to patterns- You can and should pair them together! If this is just too much for you try opting to invert your colors.
- Match your colors and not your prints, odds are if the colors go well together, so will the prints.
Photography by Loren Ferguson