Today I am teaming up with HALO to share and send a friendly reminder on how to practice safe sleep habits for with your baby.
1. Back is best. Always put your baby to sleep on his/her back. Make sure the surface is flat and firm.
2. Avoid co-sleeping. I know it’s tempting and much easier to breastfeed when you’re co-sleeping. But co-sleeping can be so, so dangerous for your LO. Putting your baby to sleep in his or her crib or bassinet is the safest for your baby.
We love our HALO Bassinest. I wish I had this years ago when I had Jadyn and Colin. The swivel sleeper rotates 360 degrees bringing you and baby closer, and it makes it easier getting in and out of bed. The height adjustment can be adjusted to fit right over your bed (I sometimes like it lower, but it fits beds 22 to 34 inches tall). It also includes a nightlight (which is perfect for night feeding) and two different levels of vibration that Liam loves. Make sure to watch this video for more the details; I promise you’ll love it.
The HALO Bassinest Newborn Insert is also a great addition to have. The newborn insert is made out of a breathable mesh fabric, providing a narrower sleep space around your baby allowing him to feel secure. The firm and flat sleep surface is designed to rest on top of the bassinest ensuring a safe sleep. It is also safe for babies up to 15 lbs.
3. Avoid leaving your baby asleep in a car seat or stroller for an extended period. This can lead to suffocation.
4. Keep the crib free of any toys, blankets, and bumpers. Any of those items can also result in suffocating.
5. Dress your baby in light clothing. Avoid anything bulky that he or she may get tangled in, or that may come over his or her head.
Swaddling your baby, or putting him or her to sleep in a sleep sack like the HALO sleepsack (for those who are not swaddle pros like myself) is best. Liam loves being swaddled (unlike Jadyn and Colin when they were his age). He always sleeps best when he is swaddled in his HALO sleepsack. When I swaddle him, he instantly calms down and can fall asleep on his own.
Photos by Julia Arceri
For more tips on safe sleep for babies, please visit the HALO website. Make sure to follow along as well on social media!
Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a great day!
Great tips – I’m absolutely loving these photos, so adorable!
Anika xo | anikamay.co.uk
Thank you Anika!
Your family is beyond adorable! Lovely photos!
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
Thank you Charmaine!
Such a great post. Definitely gonna think of this when the time is here.
Love your master bedroom.
Thank you Katie!