This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using the links in this post.
I hope you are having a GREAT morning so far!
It’s Tuesday, and I hope you had a great Memorial Day Weekend with your family and loved ones. We went to see Jordans family in Tyler, Texas, and then spent Monday finishing Liam’s furniture.
Jordan’s cousin had a baby boy, and we got to meet little Kai, and guys, Jadyn was smitten with Baby Kai, it was SO adorable! Jadyn kept kissing Kai on the cheek and was so mesmerized with him. I was able to get a glimpse of what it would be like once Liam comes and my heart melted! Colin, on the other hand, didn’t care too much. Go figure…
This weekend got me thinking a lot about being pregnant and have Liam around the house and what life would be like, etc. I have said it several times, I LOVE being pregnant, but man, there are many things I miss pre-pregnancy. I’m not only excited to have Liam in my arms, but I’m excited about not being pregnant also! Ha!
I am so incredibly grateful to be able to carry a human being and to birth a baby, I won’t ever take that for granted. But pregnancy is hard. If you have never been pregnant, take this as an I told you so. And if you have been pregnant, then you can laugh with me, because you’ll understand the struggle!
What do I miss pre-pregnancy?
- Sleeping. I miss sleeping on my stomach, or just sleeping in general. I literally toss and turn ALL. NIGHT. LONG. I probably get a stretch of 1 an hour and then wake up to move on to the other side. Repeat that all night long and that’s how I am sleeping.
- Putting on jeans without breaking a sweat. Gosh, I can barely even fit into my jeans, let alone it’s like running a marathon trying to put them on. The other day, I had to ask Jadyn for help. The look on his face was priceless, like “you need help with what mom?”
- Putting on my shoes. Jordan has to help me with this one and always laughs at me. But it’s true…if it’s not a slide on or mules, I need help. Bending over and putting on shoes is also too much to do.
- My clothes. Thankfully this time around I have found several great shops and brands that carry cute maternity clothes. BUT, and this is a big but, it’s just not the same. SO many things I want to buy that are non-maternity that I just can’t. I also REALLY want a high waisted swimsuit.
- Getting up without help. Y’all should see me trying to get up. As a matter of fact, take a look at this post I shared here (on Facebook). This video describes pregnancy down to a T. Getting up from a sitting, laying down, or just getting up period is a task in itself. AND, it requires a lot of concentration.
I told you these were all silly things I miss, but it’s the truth. I hope all my pregnant mama can relate, and I hope you got a good chuckle! If there’s something you miss about pre-pregnancy, share below! I would love to hear from you.
outfit details: ℅ top / jeans / shoes / ℅ bag (old, similar here and here) / sunglasses (similar) /
℅ necklace (similar) ℅ bracelet ℅ ring – get 15% off 7 Charming Sisters with code: “EllyBrown15” excluding sale items through June 8th)
Photos by Julia Gozman
Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a great Day!