The Water is a hydrating spray that looks like water, that doesn’t smell, and tans. Like what?????! I had to put this to the test. And man does it deliver. This stuff is magic. I don’t know what is in it, but it’s legit.
Let’s go over Pros and cons.
- It’s expensive. $50 bucks for a self-tanner ain’t cheap.
- After 8 hours of wearing the tanner, I did notice the self tanner smell.
- For best results, you need to use a mitt. I noticed that using just my hands to rub in the spray left streaks.
- DO NOT spray over a hard surface; the residue will make you slip (learned that one the hard way). Spray over your carpet.
- It comes in only two shades. I wish they would have a light, medium, and deep. They have a light/medium shade (which does nothing on my skin during the summer) and medium/dark shade.
- It doesn’t stain my sheets, my clothes, or my white rug.
- It does have a sweet scent (the scent just doesn’t last long).
- It develops an even natural tan. YAY for no orange legs!
- It is hydrating and leaves your skin soft and smooth. The Water self tanner has a unique blend of purified water, vitamins B, C and E, Raspberry Seed Oil and natural tanning actives to illuminate and hydrate.
- It’s quick drying. Letting you spray and go.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR TAN LAST:
- The biggest thing is to prep your skin. Shave and exfoliate 24 hours BEFORE you apply ANY self tanner.
- After you achieve your desired tan look, rinse with cold water, and avoid using soap.
- Try layering your self tanner products like adding The Body to your body moisturizer.
- Avoid going to steam rooms, saunas, baths, or working out the day you apply your self tanner.
How often do I apply my self tanner? I apply once a week. Sometimes I will add a couple of The Face drops midweek.
Can you use The Water on your face? Yes! However, Tan-Luxe recommends using The Body due to their Cellutone Complex with firming and toning qualities which are not present within The Face.
Can I use a self tanner if I am pregnant? Yes, but please get your doctors approval FIRST.
Thank you for stopping by, have a great day!