Babies thrive on consistency and knowing what is coming next. I’ve always had Jadyn and Colin on a schedule and Liam is no different.
A lot of you guys ask how I got Liam to sleep through the night, and although there are more factors to it, I do think establishing a bedtime routine is KEY.
I would like to think I’m good with schedules. But who am I kidding I’m just lucky to have a calm baby. Liam is sleeping through the night and has been doing so since about seven weeks old. Now, not even Jadyn and Colin slept through the night this early. Jadyn started sleeping through the night at ten weeks, and Colin was around three months.
I’m not a stickler about schedules, but I do follow one (or try my best to). My biggest tip is to have a bedtime routine for your baby.
Today I am collaborating with Kmart to celebrate the launch of their new online exclusive baby line, Spencer by Jaclyn Smith. And to celebrate the utterly adorable line (seriously, it will leave you smitten with all the cute prints for both boys and girls). I am going to be sharing with you our baby bedtime routine with Liam.
First, let’s talk about the Spencer Line by Jaclyn Smith. I mean HOW cute does Liam look in his fox pajama? Side note- I may have taught him “What Does the Fox Say” song. His Pajama set is a set of 3 pj’s (all for under $25). These pj’s are 100% cotton, round neck, and have snap closures from neck to ankle.
The Spencer Line by Jaclyn Smith is sold in sets, and already comes inside a perfect curated gift box making it a great gift as well!
Now let’s talk about our baby bedtime routine. Here is what we do every night at 7:30.
- Liam gets a bath every night. It’s hot as heck here in Houston. A nice warm bath is a FOR SURE way to calm down anybody, and that applies especially to a baby. Try using aromatherapy and add some lavender to bath time
- Massage time, my little man gets a massage. This is the time that I take to talk to him, sing to him, or just soak up those baby blue eyes.
- Read a book! We always read a book before bedtime; we also try to include Jadyn and Colin to make it a family pastime.
- Feeding time. Once the boys say goodnight and give their hugs and kisses, we will feed him (I say we because Jordan and I will take turns).
- Swaddle and lights out! Once feeding time is over, I swaddle him (he only gets swaddles at night) and put him in bed.
Easy enough right? Find a baby bedtime routine that works for you and your family and stick to it, I pinky promise it will pay off in the long run.
Don’t forget to check out the new Spencer Line at Kmart. Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day!