Happy Friday! J-breezy and C-boogie are on the blog with me today, and we are teaming up with Kohl’s on how we play hard. But first, let’s talk about boy mom life. I have never really grown up with boys around the house, and Jordan laughs at me all the time and mentions how it’s clear and evident that I didn’t.
I have two boy cousins that I used to play with, but they were not always around. So I don’t always get the boy stuff and jokes that the boys do here at home. 50% of the time things just fly right over my head, and I am left eye rolling.
Being a boy mom does have its advantages, I am spoiled rotten, and I don’t have to share my shopping money, ha! I can buy the kids their active wear, and they are ready to go. Jordan has also done a fantastic job in making sure the boys take care of me. The kids are always picking flowers for me, telling me I look pretty, and opening doors for me. I’m the queen of the house, and I DO looooove it.
But, there are several boyish things I was not aware of, or no one prepared me for when I became a boy mom. Here’s what no one told me about being a boy mom;
- How dirty my toilets would be. My gosh, how do these kids not know how to aim? No matter how many times I tell them to aim in the water. I am cleaning up the wall, the floor, or the toilet every other day. Someone, please tell me this ends once they get older?
- How fearless they are. I don’t think my boys ever evaluate potential danger. The things they do or the things they climb on makes me wonder if they have a few loose screws.
- How many times I would visit the ER. Never in my life have I broken a bone or gotten stitches. In the four years of me being a mother, I have gone to the emergency room quarterly (I wish I were kidding). Between Jadyn and Colin, we have had a broken bones, staples, glue, concussion and stitches.
- How my house would go from 0 to 10 (on a scale of how dirty it would be) in 2.5 seconds. It does not take long for my house to get messy and have toys everywhere. I really struggle with this one because I am such a neat freak. Everything has its place and should always be in order. I can not wrap my mind around toys everywhere. It fathoms me how they can get THE WHOLE house so dirty, so quickly. It’s like they have supernatural powers when it comes to getting the house dirty.
- How active they are. I know this could be said for girls too, but from the moment they wake up, to the time they are asleep, it is NON stop. And I mean non-stop. Jadyn and Colin don’t take naps and have not for a couple of years now. Jadyn and Colin play hard all day, every day. I get tired just thinking about it.
- All the athletic gear. And I believe we can blame Jordan for this one. But we have enough balls, athletic gear, and clothes sufficient for a whole village.
When they were younger, I could get away with dressing them up and keeping them stylish. Now, Jadyn and Colin like to be comfortable (and they like looking like daddy) and want to wear their athletic clothes all the time. And we must take a football, basketball, and soccer with us everywhere we go. True story.
Over the last several months they have become more vocal about what they want to wear and buy. And of course, in all boy fashion, they like nothing but athletic gear. The only time I can get them into something a little nicer is if we have a special holiday or occasion. Even then, they want to wear only their Nikes.
Thankfully we have a Kohls right down the street from us, and it’s been great to shop at Kohl’s to get all the play clothes for the boys and even stock up for me! Kohl’s has a great product assortment like Nike (the boys favorite), Under Armour, and Adidas; I have yet to find something I need for the kids. The price is also unbeatable! I was able to get the boys four outfits all under $100! It’s always great to shop and get Kohl’s cash back too; it’s like you’re getting paid to shop (or at least that’s what I tell Jordan).
The boys also love shopping online with me and picking out all the colors and different styles of athletic gear. (My top tip is to buy the top and bottom set, that way it’s easier for the boys to get dressed by themselves since they know what two pieces go together).
Lastly, Kohl’s offers great quality in their clothes. We can all go outside, play rough and play football and not have to worry about our clothes. Which is great for me, because the list above keeps me busy enough as it is.
outfit details: On me- top / pants / nursing bra / shoes
Jadyn: quality / look 2 / shoes on Colin: look 1 / look 2 / shoes
Are you a boy mom? Are there some things you wish you were told before becoming a boy mom? Share below, I would love to hear from you!
Photos by Julia Gozman
Thank you so much for stopping by, have a great day!
Awe so glad I found you. ? definitely love the read.
aww thank you! <3