Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed - John 20:29
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Having two babies changes your body. I have always been skinny, and never had any muscles. Being pregnant two years back to back stirred something inside me to take care of my body and to be fit. I am loving my journey of becoming fit and strong, which has allowed me to do things I didn't think I could do. Below are three incredible women who have inspired me to keep pushing. They are all wives and mommas which makes it even better because I know they have all been in the same boat of bouncing back after pregnancy and know the struggle is real. I am sure they can all testify that it's not easy, but they push threw no matter what. They set great examples on taking care of thier bodies, and looking AMAZING (seriously if I could just ever so slightly look like them I would be happy).
With this all being said, I want to encourage you to make sure you surround yourself with good people. People like these women who will encourage and uplift you and not tear you down. Someone who will bring you to a better place. I don't know these ladies personally but they do this for me, so go follow them NOW!
Monday, September 22, 2014
I believe every woman should own a vanity, because we are all little girls inside aren't we? So with that being said I have been eyeing some bedroom vanities, and I cannot decide which one to choose. I'm leaning toward the Hayworth vanity, but I need some help, which one should I choose?
... She dresses in fine linen and purple gowns. -Proverbs 31:22
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
So about two weeks ago I bought the gel lab from deborah lippmann, I was told it would last about two weeks, and that I could use any nail polish of my choice. I don't like to do a bad review on a product because I believe what doesn't work for me may work for you and vice versa. Below are how my nails looked after 4 days, which is still two days longer than using no gel lab. I'm at home so I am constantly doing dishes ... and by that I mean after every meal time, so maybe this is why I can't get anything to stay? I would give this 3 out of 5 stars because with the gel lab the polish did dry very fast, the application was easy, and it was easy to remove. I didn't try the gel lab with a deborah lippmann nail polish because I figured if it did last longer then 4 days it wouldn't really matter because I don't want to buy nail polish from only one brand for the gel lab to work. (although their colors sure are pretty!) However, I am curious to try out their other nail care products. If you do decide to try it out and it does work for you please let me know. Go check out more of their products here. Till then the hunt is still one for a polish that stay on for at least a week!
If you are faithful in the little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won't be honest with greater responsibilities. - Luke 16:10
Saturday, September 13, 2014
Motherhood is crazy, hectic, busy, tiring, over whelming, feeling like your not enough, and beautiful all at the same time. Just when you think you’ve got it down, something new happens and leave you feeling like you don’t have a clue to what your doing. Some days are great, kids are on their best behavior and you’ll actually start to wonder if they’re even your kids.
For the past two months or so I have been in a rough rut. It has been hard, overwhelming and exhausting and a lot of other things. Same thing everyday, the kids are screaming and crying and so am I. A few weeks go by and I feel like I have nothing left to give.
Being at home is a lot harder then what I would imagine it would be. You have little people continually wanting your attention and wanting their needs to be meet, all a while you haven’t even showered or brushed you teeth yet and its noon. To be honest most days I feel like a complete failure. And I all I want to do is either go back to bed, or just hide.
Don’t get me wrong I love my kids. I always wanted kids, and I still want more. (Crazy huh?) But the last few weeks, God has been speaking to me on motherhood and he’s reminded me of several things:
1. I am NOT a failure. He doesn’t create failures, and I am his masterpiece.
2. My job as a mother is important. That I am raising two boys to be leaders in Gods kingdom. That every diaper change, and every feed matters.
3. To slow down. Now this has been a big one, so much that he has spoken to me in more ways then one. I’m rushing too much and to busy to actually enjoy the moments with my family because I’m so wrapped up on the next thing that needs to be done. I need to learn to enjoy the mess and the noise. (Side note go check out this video when you have time, Lysa TerKeurst has a new book out and it’s pretty awesome.)
4. To rest in Christ. Another big one because, I don’t know how to rest at all.
5. That I am right where I need to be. That I was created for this, and that my family needs me.
6. I am enough and most importantly, that God is enough for me, and has equipped me with everything I need.
With all this being said I wanted to write this, and encourage a momma out there that is feeling exactly what I felt the last few months. Don’t let the enemy’s lies take root into your heart. You are not a failure, your job is important. Learn to slow down in the craziness of life with kids and appreciate the mess and noise. Remember to take care of yourself, and the most important one is to rest in Christ, take refuge in him, and allow him to comfort you.
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" - 1 Peter 5:7
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
2. CLARISONIC MIA 2. I know $150 is a lot to spend on a device to clean your face, but this is worth the investment.
3. ELF LIP EXFOLIATOR. If you wear a lot of lipstick, this sucker will be your best friend. Your lips will feel soft and smooth.
4. BANILA CO. CLEAN IT ZERO . This stuff is AHHHHHMAZING, I will never ever buy makeup remover again because this stuff just washes everything off. Even waterproof makeup.
5. THE SCULPTOR. I don't really like using powder makeup for countering, so this is perfect especially if your new at contouring like myself.
Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. -Romans 12:9-10
Monday, September 8, 2014
Mark your calendars, September 14th this amazing collection by Joseph Altuzarra will be available at Target and the best part everything is under $100. Yup you read that right. There are more pieces available for you to preview here. I can't wait! What's your favorite piece?
And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.